Monday, October 3, 2011

A Wonderful Weekend

Had such a wonderful weekend! Yesterday was the best day I've had in such a long time. Saturday I finished two new bracelets and yesterday not only did I go to the Milwaukee Bead Show and get some new beady things to play with, we also discovered a great new place to go hiking and got lost in the woods for over two hours (literally lost - note to self: never venture into an unfamiliar trail system without a map, compass, adequate water, and a flashlight!). Thankfully we ran into a few knowledgeable others who were able to tell us which trails to take to get back before it got really dark out. I'll post pictures of our adventure when I have more time. The leaves were just starting to turn autumn colors, the sun was setting, we hiked over 3 miles of trails around a gorgeous lake, came across a waterfall, and saw 4 deer. There is something magically healing, rejuvenating, and peaceful when you spend time surrounded by natural beauty. It makes me incredibly happy and energized.
The Milwaukee Bead Show only seemed like a 10th of the size of the Bead & Button Show, but still had some good deals and all the local shops were there. Here are a few of the goodies I picked up at the show...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...