Saturday, December 31, 2011

Year in Review


With 2011 coming to a close, I can't help but mull over the past year and set new goals & visions for 2012.
My only goal for 2011 was to be published, and I met that goal! Other accomplishments were being a finalist in another beading contest, I opened my new Etsy store in July, one of my necklaces made the front page of Etsy France, I have created a Facebook fan page with a wonderful following, and had sales both on and off Etsy. Another high point had been receiving an email from a fan stating one of my very personal pieces had moved her & made her cry; that she identified with the feelings I was trying to express. I was elated that someone else actually understood; that my work touched another human being.
So looking ahead, more than anything in 2012 I want to improve, while retaining integrity and find a good balance between promoting and creating. To improve can mean so many things, so to be more specific I'd like to build up my store with more items - 100 or more being ideal by year end, without compromising on quality. I'd also like to improve on photography. I am going to enter contests again this year, but they will not be my main focus.
So as this year wraps up and in looking ahead, I will continue to challenge myself to learn, to break the rules & take risks, to not compromise myself or my values, and to do what makes me happy.
I also want to thank all my friends, family, and fans who have supported me. Each and every one of you has made me a better person and artist. I could not do all this without you, so THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.
May the new year bring us all health, happiness, and peace.
~Happy New Year!~

2 comments:

Angie said...

I like your plans for the new year... my plan is to spend less time on the computer and more in the studio.

Sandra said...

Thanks!
Good plan. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...